restarting a service managed by heartbeat

Author: Jim
To: PLUG
Subject: restarting a service managed by heartbeat
I have 2 squid servers and heartbeat is managing the squid service so
that when the main squid server is up it takes over a cluster IP and
squid requests are served on that IP and if something fails the other
squid server picks up and runs squid on the same cluster IP.

Here is the problem: I need to restart the squid service on the main
squid server and I am not sure if that will disrupt the hearbeat
service, I do not need to restart heartbeat only squid

Jim