Software RAID

Author: steve wiebelhaus
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Software RAID
I dual boot WinXP Pro, and Suse 9. Right now, I have two 120GB drives, one
is partitioned with Linux swap, Linux root, winxp (NTFS), home (FAT32). The
home partition is where I keep all my documents, used from both OS. The
second drive is backups of the home dir, and for media storage.
I would like to do a software RAID setup. But it seems that for windows to
do that, I can't have Linux partitions on either of the drives. Does anyone
know if this is true?

I would like to have both the Linux and WinXP partitions setup with software
RAID 0 I think, whatever, I want these two partitions setup for higher speed
access. So things will programs and stuff will start faster, load games
faster. But I want the home dir, the FAT32 partition, to be on RAID
mirroring, so if one drive goes out, I still have all my documents.

Anyone know if this is even possible?

Hompage www.public.asu.edu/~swiebel/index.html