Re: Installfest, last Saturday of the month, 10:00

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Installfest, last Saturday of the month, 10:00

Yes, first installfest May 29.

Come to think of it, we did get a radio plug out on PC Chat while Stallman
was on.

The University of Advancing Technology is at 2625 W Baseline Tempe, AZ
85283 Maricopa County (602) 383-8272. It's kinda accross the street from
Fry's, west of the Pointe Hilton.

There is plenty of power and network bandwidth available, but of course no
cabling. So in addition to shop spares we need sourge suppressors,
routers, and cabling.

To save on download time, there was talk in the past about setting up a
fileserver with all the major distributions' iso's and source files. For
now, bring whatever you can independantly (and let us know here) of your
favorite distro on HD, CD, whatever. If we'll happen to find someone who
volunteers a suitable machine (or pile of parts), we'll set up such a
fileserver at the installfest for next time.

--

--Alexander