Re: network fax solution

Author: Kevin Brown
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: network fax solution
> Does any one have any suggestions about implenting a system where when
> fax is sent to a linux fax server (possibly hylafax) the server then
> sends the fax to the recipents email box.
>
>>From what I could tell this would require virtual fax numbers just due
> to the fact that I would like to have over 100 fax numbers so that every
> user would have a virtual fax number and then depending on the number
> the fax would be forwarded to that users email box, has anyone thought
> of a less expensive soltion because with virtaul fax numbers a expensive
> fax board would be required like $3500.

hmm... maybe a combination of Hylafax and Asterix...
http://www.asterisk.org/

Then you just create extensions for users in Asterix and Hylafax uses the
extension choice to choose which box to send the fax to...

One phone number needed, just don't know how to do the actual software setup to
handle that....