Re: labels/mailmerge w/enscript?

Author: Carl Parrish
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: labels/mailmerge w/enscript?
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Mike Starke wrote:
>

>>I have been struggling all day to come up with a
>>clean way to query my database (mysql) and print
>>more than one record (4 in this case) per sheet.
>>

>I have also had this problem. I wrote some perl scripts at one time to
>generate some postscript for printing for some small Avery labels. It took
>a lot of trial-and-error.
>
>I see that glabels at http://glabels.sourceforge.net/ "is designed to work
>with various laser/ink-jet peel-off label and business card sheets that
>you'll find at most office supply stores."
>
>I don't know if it can use your MySQL data directly, but it allows reuse
>of its library for outside software to use and I guess it can load in the
>data from some text file.
>
>If you give it a try, please let me know how it works for you.
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
> http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

Okay maybe I'm missing something but why aren't you using OpenOffice?
You'll be able to create a datasource right from mysql then do a
mailmerge to just about any Avery label. Or you can create your own
layout (pretty easy). let me know if you want anymore info (or If I
completly missed something).

*notice I've never touched enscript so I might be missing something obvious*

--
Carl Parrish()
http://www.carlparrish.com