RE: Linux Multi-Boot

Author: Wagner, Steven G
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Linux Multi-Boot
Many thanks to all that offered suggestions. I finally got my quadro-boot
system up and running the way I wanted it.

It took installing Mandrake10 first, RH8 second and Xandros 2.0 third to
get'r'done. I think Xandros is using LILO to boot everything, but tonight I
really don't care...it works!

Tomorrow I'll start to worry about the "how and why" of it. Mostly, I'd just
be happy with having only Xandros because IT'S SO SWEET! Everything is
working, Xandros even had a driver out of the box to get my sorry-ass
winmodem in the game.

Obviously, I'm very impressed with Xandros 2.0, only I'd like to change the
initial runlevel to text-based rather than graphical. What do I need to do?
Edit the inittab file to boot into runlevel 3? I'll figure it out tomorrow,
I'm in my M$ XP install right now.

Mainly, I'd just like to say that this is a great group and I want to learn
more and contribute more. I'd like to make one of your meetings, but with my
work schedule (11-7:30pm) I'd end up being late. On the up-side I live right
at Horne and Main so the eastside meetings are right down the street.

Would anyone object terribly to a newcomer showing up a half-hour or so
late? It's no disrespect, just work constraints is all. I'd really like to
meet some of you in person and be more of a contributor for the group.
Thanks a 11110100001001000000!!!

-S