Distribution suggection for a notebook?

Author: Miles Beck
To: PLUG
Subject: Distribution suggection for a notebook?
I have a Micron Transport GX3 that I would like to put Linux on.

This is a PIII 550 with 128 megs of ram. It will be primarily used for
downloading camera images off a cf adapter via the pc card slot while I
am on trips where I will run out of storage on my CF cards.

Once we are back home I would need to also be able to see my windows box
to transfer the files there.

I'm wanting to dip my toe into Linux desktop useage with the notebook
and see how well it works.

Can anyone suggest a disribution that would work for this purpose?

I would need to be able to download it and burn it to cd to then install
on the notebook.

Thanks,

-Miles