RE: database

Author: Derek Neighbors
To: plug-discuss
CC: alex.c.earl
Subject: RE: database
Earl, Alex C said:
> I am not familiar with the Debian packages for PHP, you could download
> the source package (which is all there really is anyway) from
> http://pear.php.net. I believe that PEAR is installed with PHP normally
> though, so you may already have it on your computer if you installed
> PHP. Just do a "locate PEAR" and see if something comes up.

Please no. You have a distribution with strong packagign Michael. Use it.

apt-cache search is your friend. Add in grep and friends and its even
better.

Example:

soleri:/home/neighborsd# apt-cache search pear|grep php
php4-apd - PHP code execution profiler and debugger
php4-pear - PEAR - PHP Extension and Application Repository
php4-pear-log - Log module for PEAR
soleri:/home/neighborsd#

So... try:

apt-get install php4-pear