RE: database

Author: Earl, Alex C
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: database

[mailto:plug-discuss-
> ] On Behalf Of Michael Havens
> Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 4:31 PM
> Subject: Re: database
>

> Great! Does PHP need Apache?
>
> Also, is it possible to put a to fill out a web-based form, have it
> emailed to
> you, and for the information fields to automagically be placed in

MySQL?

PHP needs some sort of web server that supports it, Apache is probably
the most widely used and, in my opinion, easiest to setup and use. There
are great documents about setting up PHP and Apache on the PHP website
(www.php.net).

You can do what you want to do, but it won't be automagically, you would
have to write a script to do it for you, but again, there are many many
tutorials and example scripts on how to do that sort of thing on
www.php.net, www.phpbuilder.com and by searching google.

Alex