Re: database (now "MySQL/PHP")

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: database (now "MySQL/PHP")

So are you saying that I also need to learn apache?
I know noTHING! What should I learn for the purpose of starting a pay website?
1- html (this wasn't in your list)
2- PHP
3- MySQL (would SQLite work)(from what I've read it will)
4- Apache
Ohhhhhhh! Is that what you meant by the traditional approach? Could someone
possibly direct me to a tutorial? I'm googling right now and found
www.google.com/search?q=sqlite%20tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8!
but I do not know what I really need.... it's just a shot in the dark. I need
advice from those who have an idea.

Does anyone know of a tutorial that includes everything I need to know?
:)~MIKE~(:
I am like so sorry that I am a newbie.

On Monday 12 April 2004 22:15, Trent Shipley wrote:
> On Monday 2004-04-12 20:16, Patrick Fleming wrote:
> > And depending upon the server you could probably get away with just the
> > short tags like <? and ?>
>
> But avoid the short tag version
> <? ... ?>
>
> <? ... ?> is XML for start application specific processing info.
>
> Apache-2 will balk at the bare application processing start tag (unless the
> page has declared a default application). It needs:
>
> <?application_name
>     application instructions
> ?>

> So with PHP

> <?php
> echo "Hello World"
> ?>

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/