How to determine video chipset

Author: AZ Pete
To: plug-discuss
Subject: How to determine video chipset
Hi All,

Is there a way to determine what video chipset is in the machine from a command line.

This system in question is a RedHat 9 system. X is currently not installed and I need to know the video card/chipset
that's currently present. I tried looking in the proc directory for something akin to cpuinfo, but for the graphics
chip, but could find no such info. I also checked the startup messages (dmesg) and found nothing referring to the
video card.

I would rather not have to drive to the system to pop the cover. :)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter