Re: My CUPS doesn't see paper

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: My CUPS doesn't see paper
On Saturday 27 March 2004 05:40 pm, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I have dug deep and found that CUPS reports "media-tray empty" in it's
> error log. The end result is that the print job gets quietly canceled and
> nothing comes out on the printer. I am googling and this seems to be a
> recent and not un-common error but I have not yet found a solution. Have
> any of you seen this on your systems? More important, have you found a
> solution?

According to the forums on cups.org the "media-tray empty" message is not the
reason for the problem. This is reasonable in that the cups logs show the
print process continuing beyond this error.

The real problem appears to be that ghostscript is used as the print renderer
and it can't find any fonts! I am not sure how that happened. Is anybody on
the list a ghostscript fonts experienced geek?

Alan