Development tools

Author: Mike
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Development tools
Here is a really good question. I installed all of my development tools after
I had installed the OS and I can't find them. I can do my coding in vi, but I
have no idea how to compile the code or debug in a terminal. If anyone knows
were I should look for my tools in SuSE 8.2 please let me know. Also I would
like to add them to my start apps. menu, how would I go about that?
--
11:28pm up 100 days 6:41, 4 users, load average: 0.51, 0.47, 0.26
Linux linux 2.4.20-4GB #1 Mon Mar 17 17:54:44 UTC 2003 i686 unknown unknown