Re: Re: Gentoo + X + Old ATI Rage Pro card

+ (text/html)
Author: plug-discuss
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Re: Gentoo + X + Old ATI Rage Pro card
> Notice that the config file is telling X to use either the MGA Millennium or MGA
> G200 drivers. Seems it isn't configured with the right graphics card (** means
> configured from the config file).

Eh.  I forgot that I tried copying /etc/X11/XF86Config.example to /etc/X11/XF86Config on the last run.  Obviously, that's not going to work.  I deleted the config file and re-ran XFree86 -configure.    This time, no error about "(EE) No devices detected" but it still aborts with:

Fatal server error:
no screens found

And, it did not create a new /etc/X11/XF86Config file. I'm just trying to use `XFree86 -configure` to create a default XF86Config file since I don't have a good one to start with.

...Kevin