Re: Software Freedom Day, August 28th?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Software Freedom Day, August 28th?
technomage said:
> something like a picnic in the pines would work. try having one down
> here in the tail end of August is like camping out in hell. too damned
> hot and/or humid.
>
> still, something that could be done.
>
> Technomage Hawke
>
>> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6287
>> http://softwarefreedomday.org/

Well, I would not want a picnic in August either! I guess my wording
sort-of implied another picnic but that was not my intention.

The purpose of Software Freedom Day (as defined by the people who started
the idea and as defined in the links I included and duplicate above) is to
have events and activities that promote Free Software to the public.
Stuff like:
- Install Fest
- Public demos
- Handing out Free Software CDs at the library or a mall or a store
- A conference, perhaps

I don't think a picnic would satisfy the Software Freedom Day goal, though
it might satisfy some hunger.

Alan