SCSI scanner question

Author: ShieldX
To: plug-discuss
Subject: SCSI scanner question
I recently got an Umax 1220s and I'm a bit puzzled at the cabling.
The SCSI card the thing was bundled with is a 'WinSCSI' job and won't
run under Linux, or so I've read, but the cable leading out of the scanner
is an RS232 M/M cable,
I thought about buying an adapter cable but heard there might be some
termination issues with it, as the terminator would only 'terminate'
8 of the 16 bits there or something, and I'm stumped there,
I've got a different (real) SCSI card which has an HD50 connecter,
and I need some help figuring out what I need to do.

(no clue)
ShieldX