RE: RHCE (was [website poll]0

Author: Jeffrey Pyne
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us'
New-Topics: Re: RHCE
Subject: RE: RHCE (was [website poll]0
On Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:55 PM, Craig White wrote:

> I'd be afraid that I can't remember important stuff - without
> my cheats, saved messages, websites etc. I can solve anything
> but off the top of my head, always? Spent too much time growing
> up in the 1960's to do that I think.

I took the RHCE exam last October, and I was worried about that same thing.
Yeah, I can configure Samba, and Squid, and Apache, and iptables, etc., etc.
But could I do all of that stuff from memory, and do it in 1.5 hours?
(Turns out "yes.") If you *understand* this stuff, and just need to
reference man pages for syntax or the name of that gawl dang config file,
you will probably do just fine. If you're in the exam and find yourself
reading the iptables man page trying to teach yourself what packet filtering
is, you might not do so well.

~Jeff