Help with custom Telnet Application

Author: der.hans
Subject: Help with custom Telnet Application
Am 07. Feb, 2004 schw=E4tzte Jeff Seese so:

> When my application is complete and in operation it will be connecting
> to NEXT boxes, not linux (The NeXT machines control a piece of
> manufacturing equipment). I have looked on them and I don't think they
> even have an sshd. The machines are quite old. Telnet is already in use
> on them for remote terminals, which are also running NeXT. The machines
> are not networked together on any type of LAN, so the only access to
> them is physically being in front of them.

Stick a GNU/Linux box on them, then ssh to the GNU/Linux box from the
Zaurus. The Zaurus would then connect to a screen session or something on
the GNU/Linux box that is already connected to the NEXT box.

If you can't do that, look into using rsh rather than telnet. It'll simplif=
your work without increasing the security risks.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans