Seeking Laptop recommendations

Author: AZ Pete
Subject: Seeking Laptop recommendations
Hi All,

I managed to convince my boss that I need a new laptop. So, I wanted to get recommendations about what brands and
models that others have been happy with. I have great latitude in selected my own laptop - so I'm not restricted to
certain manufactures.

While the main OS will be Win XP (company requirement), I want to also install a Linux partition and make the laptop
dual boot.

What are the best laptops that are receptive to Linux? Conversely, are there any that simply do not work well with
Linux. My current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro. While is runs Win 2000 just fine, I could not get Linux to run
very well at all on this particular model.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter