bootstrap

Author: Sanjay Darisi
Subject: bootstrap
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
Did you add any PCI based cards to your computer recently? 'cos that's
what happened in my case.After I inserted a PCI based ethernet card in
my computer when my on-board one stopped working, I get this message
everytime I boot my computer. I guess BIOS is assigning an interrupt
for the card or something...<br>
Michael Havens wrote:<br>
<pre wrap="">Nowadays when I start this old computer up when it runs through the very first
screen something new appears (at least a newly noticed thing). It says"...
hooking bootstrap interupt 18h". I know that I just upgraded debbootstrap (or
something like that) and was wondering if the two were relaated.

I was also wondering how debootstrap is different from apt-get. (aside from
being a bit more complex) Then there is 'debi' which seems to be another
complex apt-get...

</pre>