OT: Sonicwall and SSH

Author: Matt Alexander
Subject: OT: Sonicwall and SSH
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Dale Farnsworth wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:08:34AM +0000, Matt Alexander wrote:
> > Any Sonicwall users out there? Have you found a way to keep your SSH
> > connections from being dropped after a few minutes of inactivity?
>
> Using the OpenSSH client, I put "ProtocolKeepAlives 300" in
> $HOME/.ssh/config (or /etc/ssh/ssh_config). 5 minutes was enough
> to keep the connection open.

Interesting... The RedHat-compiled OpenSSH client doesn't appear to
support this:

/etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 37: Bad configuration option: ProtocolKeepAlives

There's no reference to this option in the ssh_config man page and no
reference to it in the O'Reilly SSH book, but I do find references to it
on the 'net:

http://www.fifi.org/cgi-bin/man2html/usr/share/man/man5/ssh_config.5.gz

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ssh/2003/debian-ssh-200304/msg00009.html