Linux in business

Author: der.hans
Subject: Linux in business
Am 22. Jan, 2004 schw=E4tzte Craig White so:

> It seems to me that the issue about HIPPA compliance that der Hans is
> trying to make is moot, merely because of the good citizen moniker that
> is automatically given to Microsoft. If it were felt that Microsoft's
> licensing terms were in violation of HIPPA, Microsoft would change those
> terms and that would be the end of it. The intent of HIPPA wasn't to
> exclude vendors.

I agree that m$ would likely change the license if it became an issue. I'm
saying that if it does violate privacy and/or HIPAA we need to make it an
issue and get m$ to change the EULA :).

HIPAA's intent isn't to exclude vendors, but I hope it intends to exclude
certain vendor practices.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms