More Knoppix Questions

Author: Carl Parrish
Subject: More Knoppix Questions
Austin Godber wrote:

> Carl Parrish wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the response Austin. It doesn't say a thing just takes a
>> little longer to boot then boots into WinME. I'm checking the
>> Knoppix.net site now but so far doesn't seem to be anything specific
>> to this laptop.
>

> So you don't even get the Knoppix Splash screen? Can it boot of of
> ANY CD?
>
> Austin

Nope can't boot from any screen. I called the gateway tech support and
they informed me that there is a key to "force" the BIOS to boot from
CD-ROM (I'm guessing they've had this problem before) The answer they
gave me was to hold down the Esc key (F2 gave me the BIOS settings)
when I did that I did infact get a new menu which asked what did I want
to boot from I selected the CD-ROM and then it attempts to boot, but
WinME comes up in safe mode. I've tested the CD on other computers. I've
made sure the cd drive actually works. So far I can't boot anything from
CD-ROM (I'm temped to try to find a Win2K or XP disk and test that).