Linux in business

Author: der.hans
Subject: Linux in business
Am 21. Jan, 2004 schw=E4tzte Chris Gehlker so:

> Accept that I would have to genuinely believe that the EULA gives their
> vendors and I don't believe that. I have heard the argument that the
> Windows EULA conflicts with the duty of small organizations that I deal
> with to maintain the privacy of their clients, donors, and patients.
> They strike me as fanciful at best. I note that none of the lawyers
> associated with FOSS, folks like Eban Moglen, have even dignified this
> theory with a comment.

Good point. I can't think of any articles and a quick search didn't turn up
anything.

I believe the m$ EULA has points that violate HIPPA requirements, but I
haven't seen any actual legal opinions on that.

Maybe this is something to bring up on groklaw?

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
#  I took the one less traveled by,
#  And that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
#  I, OTOH, prefer to just go stomping through the desert... - der.hans