Linux in business

Author: Craig White
Subject: Linux in business
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 10:43, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> Cost to the smallest of fish is a very real thing. You can sway a very
> small business on cost as its very real to their bottom line.

---
There are the initial costs and the setup costs and the maintenance
costs - I am not totally convinced that on a 5 user license (the small
business), that there is any great cost differences between Linux (even
GNU/Debian) and Win2K Server on the same hardware. Now if you add more
users, mail server or other services beyond that which is supplied by
Win2K Server (wins/dhcp/dns/file & print services for win-mac clients),
you might be able to project some daylight into the cost comparison.

Craig

ps - you can't agree with me, it tarnishes your image ;-)