learning script

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: learning script
I put the colon first because that is what my tutorial says unix reads as "a
sh script is following" but I see that linux sees it as something else
all the same
that didn't work.

cat dw
#!/bin/sh
# @(#)dw --date and who's on--
#
date
who -u

ls -l
-rwxrwxrwx    1 mike_havens knoppix        60 Jan 18 17:16 dw

on another matter how do you get the description:? My refrence says that to
print up the '--date and who's on--' you type in 'what dw' but that appears
to be incorrect. What is correct?