learning script

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: learning script
my password? Where would that be?

On Sunday 18 January 2004 01:40 pm, Bryce C said:
~ ./dw
~ Also, check your $PATH to see if your pwd is in it.
~ echo $PATH
~
~ On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 13:38, Michael Havens wrote:
~ > I am teying my hand at writing a basic script.
~ >
~ >     :
~ >     # @(#)dw -- <text> --
~ >     #
~ >     date
~ >     who -u
~ >
~ > So I type it in and then chmod  760 and after I try to execute it, it
 tells ~ > me:
~ >
~ >     command not found
~ >
~ > but it works if I 'sh dw' or 'sh<dw' any idea what's wrong? The current
 path ~ > is ~ and that is where the script is and I think that directory is
 searched ~ > first so there is no need for $PATH to be accessed.

--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/