General wireless questions

Author: Entelin
Subject: General wireless questions
I have gotten my wireless card working fine with the orinoco_cs driver,
and gotten it to connect to my linksys AP.

However strangely I cant change the channel on the card, its always at
10, if I try with 'iwconfig eth1 channel 1' it will give an operation
not permitted. One time it automaticly switched to 1 (the channel the AP
runs on by default) and ran fine.

If I change the AP to channel 10 it works fine right away.

Am I missing something? Is it supposed to just switch channels
automaticly? Do I have to tell it to scan the channels? This is my first
experience with wireless under any system.

I think thats really my only issue, when I am on channel 10 everything
works even WEP.

Thanks :)
--
Entelin <>