Web browser RPC question

Author: Kurt Granroth
Subject: Web browser RPC question
On Jan 15, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> That makes sense.  I'm still having a bit of difficulty though.  I
> have a
> copy of konqueror with a pid of 18070, which I got from running "dcop"
> with
> no parameters.  Running "dcop konqueror-18070" succeeds; it gives me a
> list
> which may be the accessible objects.    Unfortunately,
> konqueror-mainwindow#1
> is not among them.   I tried another version of the command:

> dcop konqueror-18070 konqueror-mainwindow\#1
> object 'konqueror-mainwindow#1' in application 'konqueror-18070' not
> accessible
>
> That seems to be the reason for my inability to set a new URL in the
> main
> window. But I wonder why I can't see that main window.

Very curious. The only time I could think that there wouldn't be a
konqueror-mainwindow#<something> object is if Konqueror was just
pre-loaded in the background and didn't have a window showing. If you
can see a Konqueror window, though, then it should be there.

Try sending the output of 'dcop konqueror-<WHATEVER YOUR PID IS>'. It
should show all the available objects at that level.

Kurt