YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks

Author: Craig White
Subject: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 23:02, technomage wrote:
> alright guys. thats enough.
> this type of behavior from all parties concerned borders on childish (and is
> certainly NOT progessional).
>
> This is certainly a good way to lose a lot of good members in a hurry, don't
> you think?
>
> if you are going to hurl insults, take it off list (private) or go to a
> newsgroup alt.falme).
>
> we don't need it here.

---
actually, the issues of free software vs. proprietary / open source vs
closed source are very important. Track the thread and you will see that
it started from the theme of why it was his recommendation to people
having problems getting other distro's to work to change to SuSE which
includes non-open source and proprietary software.

People try out Linux for various reasons and the discussion would
benefit people who aren't clear about these differences and how it
matters to them. BTW <http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/prudential.html>
contains a rather interesting interview of Eric Raymond.

What Richard labeled as an insult was simply a question indicating
concern since Richard had contradicted himself in 5 hours and 2 minutes
of time.

Had I chosen to personally insult him (an likely event), my intent and
the notions that I had expressed would have been clear.

Craig