Gee. And I had so hopped:

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Gee. And I had so hopped:
I had hoped that upgrades to the system were not done over the weekend...
looks like I was wrong! I get up this morning, went the YMCA, then I did an
update and there was nothing there. Yippee! I thought. Then I did another
update about an hour later and, bummer I thought. Well of course. This is a
USERS system, not a corporations (meaning the unlucky many upgrade it on
their free time).

I was talking with my VOC.Rehab councelor and he was saying that it will
be interesting to see if Linux can break the stranglehold that M$ has on the
world. While browsing my new book [(c) 1999] I read how M$ is on 90% of the
computers in the WORLD. That is a lot of computers. and then this book talks
about 'mtools'.

Hey. Update finished. Cool, mkisofs is being upgraded (for those of you with a
cd burner and debian). Too bad I can't use it! cloop-utils mknbi ntfstools
pppconfig vlc and vlc-gtk are being held back..... what do they do and (more
importantly) should I download them anyways?

Any ways... where was I. Oh yea I talked to my counselor about doing CISCO (as
Hans suggested) and he thinks that what I need to do is complete the program
at Maricopa Skill Center, which (he says) will prepare me for an entry level
job in the NT field. Then, after i START AS AN ENTRY LEVEL LINE RUNNER (or
something like that), the company will pay for me to learn their system.
Personally, I don't think so but this is a MUCH better prospect than working
in the automotive industry (which is what they were paying for me to go to
school to be. I just can't see myself as a mechanic.

well, I have 1/2 hour left in my download. What else can I talk about??? I
guess I'll start another email and write the chapters in my new book down.
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/