YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks

Author: fhdavenport
Subject: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
Snip:

"Because if you actually understood
the issues, it is precisely because it is open source and that is why
they are installing Linux."

Nope. That's not why this "newbie" has been fooling around w/Linux. =
I'm also a newbie to CP/M-80, OS2 and OS2/Warp. I've run Windows 3.XX, =
95, 98, and now XP. I still have the first version of Linux I bought, =
(Redhat, 2 discs of The Complete Linux Operating System, version 4.2). =
I use the jewel box to block the lens on my webcam.

I was just curious about different operating systems. I don't owe any =
allegiance to anyone, I simply tried SuSE 8.1 Pro because I read =
somewhere it was painless to install. And it was. It was a first for =
me with regard to Linux, and I was tickled to be able to actually fiddle =
with the eye candy on the desktop, have a look at the command line, and =
whatever else I've messed around with and forgotten about. And yes, =
that's how I found PLUG. And here on this list is where I've learned =
more simply by listening. Open Source? FSF? These were terms I had =
never heard, much less understood. That came later. First and =
foremost, my interest had to be held by the damn distro coming up and =
running.

I want to thank everyone on this list for their effort to help those =
that request it. That's another reason why Linux still interests me. =
Testosterone and spelling aside, I'm impressed. Thanx again.

Frank Davenport
    =20

=20

=20