fedora, rhn, bad public key?

Author: devin rankin
Subject: fedora, rhn, bad public key?
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:21, Bart Garst wrote:
> Have any other fedora users run into failures while trying to update
> their system through RHN up2date?
>
> The majority of the packages I retrieve give me a "bad key" error and
> say the package is corrupt or has been tampered with.
>
> I've been using apt as an alternative (I don't receive these errors when
> I use apt) but this can be a bit of a pain since the kernel
> build-version I want isn't available (athlon).
>
> Any ideas/thoughts?
>
> Thx,
> Bart

About 6 months ago, Red Hat did change the certificate for up2date to
work. So if you have an older copy of RH9, it likely has the older
certificate and will not work. There is a new certificate on the RH
website and there are instructions there on how to update. I did it
once a few months ago when I was running RH9, but I don't recall now
just what the steps were.

Hope that helps.

Devin

--
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and
he will be warm for the rest of his life.