kate

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: kate
So I'm sitting here minding my own business modifing fstab and I saved it
to /etc. So important files that I modify I have decided to keep a back up of
on floppy. (I would like it if you would tell me some common ones) So after I
modify it I save it to /etc and then to fd0.... well I try to. When I click
on the floppy icon in the save file to box a window appears saying "Could not
start process Can't talk to klauncher" or that the disk is full and that it
probably isn't a DOS formated floppy. So I try to rm those pesky files that
kde doesn't clean itself of; but that doesn't work. I then try shutting kate
down in the hopes that that would reset something but no dice. I then do
fsck /dev/fd0 and it says "Currently only 1 or 2 FATs are supported, not
108." Is that one or two files? All I put on there was bashrc, fstab, passwd,
lilo.conf, and wvdial.conf. So then I reformat it with fdformat /dev/fd0H1440
which it does not like until I drop the H1440. Next comes mkfs -t vfat /dev/
fd0. Then when I try to access the drive through KATEs opn file clicky thing
it says,"Could not start process Can't talk to klauncher". Is this just
something I'll have to live with until they fix it in an upgrade?

Sorry if this does not make sense (om sure it does though). I am tired and am
going to bed now.
Good night:)
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/