.ICEauthority & .DCOPserver

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: .ICEauthority & .DCOPserver
hen I got on this afternoon I thought that it might be a good thing to do
kde; so I logged on with it as my window manager. Well the first box
appeared and the first icon flashed then the second one flashed and (I
don't know if the third one flashed) then a window appeared saying "could
not start kmserver". After I clicked the ok button xwindows went back to
the login screen. BUMMER! So I tried it again and this time a window
popped up that said I didn't access to /home/knoppix/ICEauthority (guess
the command in .bashrc isn't doing what I had hopped). Then the other
error message appeared and (after I clicked ok) it went back to the login
screen.
BUMMER!

So I figured I would try the xfwm and, what do you know, it loaded. And you
know what, if I start everything from a new xterm window everything works
hunkey-dorey; but if I don't I might get a message that states 'Could not
read network connection list /home/knoppix/.DCOPserver_bmike1__1'. I just
noticed that this isn't the file I am erasing in in bash.rc. Guess I'll
replace that last digit with a '?' or an '*'. Ay pointers concerning
getting this to work correctly?

--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/