fsck

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: fsck
is it really necesary to do fsck on reboot? I was reading man fstab and
noticed that the last entry concerned that. I was thinking that to prolong
the life of my diskdrives I would have them run as little as possible and I
would change the 1 to a zero. (see 1)

/dev/hda5  /  ext3  defaults,noatime,errors=remount-ro  0  1
proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
/dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
/dev/dvd /dvd  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/sda1 none swap defaults 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/sda5 /mnt/sda5 ext3 rw,users,noatime,errors=remount-ro,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/sda6 /mnt/sda6 ext3 rw,users,noatime,errors=remount-ro,exec 0 0
# Modified by mike
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat users,noatime,ro 0 0
# Added by Mike
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults,noatime 0 0
# Added by Mike
/dev/sdb /mnt/flash vfat,users,noatime,exec 0 0
    /\
I'm still working on the proper entry for the flash card
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/