Finding the Sound Card and Printer

Author: Victor Odhner
Subject: Finding the Sound Card and Printer
Any other suggestions?

Micah DesJardins wrote:
> I turned off Plug and Play support in my BIOS and it vastly
> improved Red Hat's ability to find and address my devices.

Thanks, Micah. I think my settings are in line with
your suggestion. But no luck.

I only received one answer to this question.
Does anyone else have a suggestion as to what way
I should go to get these devices working?
Again, they *are* being "recognized", that is,
I am seeing messages that mention that they are
present, but they just don't work.

For example, with that sound card message, my
user-ID has full read-write permissions and yet
I get that permission error. And I see the
printer described, but can't make it the
active printer. And if the system says it has
done a print for me, where did it go if not
to the printer?

My original post: