[Fwd: Re: PLUG IRC down]

Author: Ed Skinner
Subject: [Fwd: Re: PLUG IRC down]
On Wednesday 24 December 2003 00:06, technomage wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 07:03 pm, Austin Godber wrote:
> > two ...
> >
> > i agree with Craig... wha's mage have to say about tall of this... ??

er

ver

> > > ---
> > > I'm not a user of the irc so perhaps my comment is not relevant but=

it
> > > seems to me that mage really wants to do this for plug - kind of hi=

> > > contribution and it's a way to keep honing his skills as well. You
> > > might want to get him to weigh in on the idea of taking it to
> > > freenode.net - How important is it to be up 100% of the time?
>
> in response, yeah, I like to keep my skills sharp. I'm getting a bunch =

of
> new ones though trying to track down some troublesome errors in someone
> elses code though.... I think it may be the ircd is incompatible with m=

> current libs now (the OS is newer than the ircd).
>
> Still, I don't mind running the server. I have shell accounts too if an=

yone
> wants to borrow one.
>
> Mage

     The use of freenode.net was suggested, I think, because no one wante=
d you=20
to feel unduly obligated/pressured, and only as a temporary solution.
     I haven't been much of a chat'er in the past but have discovered I e=
njoy=20
lurking and occasionally making a comment or offering an idea. When your =
chat=20
daemon is ready to go again I will gladly switch my focus.

--=20
Ed Skinner, , http://www.flat5.net/