PLUG IRC down

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: PLUG IRC down
technomage said:
> ok folks,
> heres the problem. upgrading the OS gave me some new problems (etho is
> there but cannot be assigned is IP).
> until I get that solved, the irc server is offline until further notice.
> grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I will suggest again since this is not the first time this has happened.
Perhaps we should just create a channel on freenode? Not only will it be
more reliable, for those that use IRC regularly it is more likely we will
be available in such a channel. As connecting to multiple servers is much
more a pain than connecting to multiple channels on the same server.

I know myself, Hans, Alan and some others are already on freenode for
other reasons on occassion. Just a suggestion not a personal attack.

-Derek