the law, spam and can I collect?

Author: Craig White
Subject: the law, spam and can I collect?
On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 23:11, technomage wrote:
> ok,
> I sat down and figured out how much I should charge to have to deal with spam.
>
> below is a sample letter I am sending to the 6 biggest offenders. (I'll use
> SBC communications as they are the biggest).

-----
be real careful here.

1 - they have lawyers on retainer. The old adage of don't do battle with
those that buy ink by the barrel.

2 - don't make threats that you don't fully intend to act upon.

3 - what you actually need is proof (headers can be spoofed) and case
law that indicates that they have liability.

My suggestion...better to spend your time setting up spamassassin

Craig