LDAP stuff

Author: Craig White
Subject: LDAP stuff
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 21:24, Don Calfa wrote:
> anybody every get LDAP running "out of the box" on RH8/9?
>
> I'm trying to use phpLDAPadmin to connect, settings seem to be exact but
> can't. Evey time I change a setting in slapd.conf and restart I get:
>
> Stopping slapd: /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap: line 196: kill: (17586) - No such process
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap: line 196: kill: (17581) - No such process
>
> but it does run. I can telnet to port 389 and I ran a command line utility against it and it verified.

----
I have - it does work - it's probably the single hardest thing for me to
learn and I'm still learning.

I haven't played with phpLDAPadmin but thus far, it seems that the GUI
type tools are worthless until you fully get the idea what you are
looking to do.

from the command line - service ldap stop|start|restart work fine for
me.

Craig