Fedora Open Office 1.1.0-6 Troubles

Author: Craig White
Subject: Fedora Open Office 1.1.0-6 Troubles
On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 09:06, Austin Godber wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Maybe they've got similar problems to some MS Office versions which gag
> > on some documents because of no printer or quirky printer selected as
> > default.
>
> Hmmm, could be the case.  I tried the one you opended and saved with no luck.
> Well, I have been wanting to move this machine to Debian anyway, so now's a good
> time I suppose.
>     I will, however, still be avoiding upgrades in the future.  This was an upgrade
> from RH8 to Fedora Core 1.  I hadn't done an upgrade (rather than install) on
> any system for years because I found them to be unreliable.  Actually, the act
> of the upgrade went really well, and most things worked just fine.  Still,
> upgrades make me feel dirty ... 'cept with debian of course.
>     Thanks for everyones responses and time.

---
I am still waiting to see how the whole fedora thing works out before I
jump ship - Debian is obvious choice when it comes to jumping.

All in all though, I have found 'upgrades' on Red Hat work very well.
~/.openoffice and ~/.mozilla and ~/evolution and ~/MyPilot are sometimes
casualties in upgrades. My suspicion is that if you choose Debian
unstable - these things are likely to cause similar problems when OO,
Mozilla, Evolution or Pilot apps make leaps in versions/features.

As for OpenOffice.org and printers - if it thinks that the printer is
postscript, it seems to be happy.

Craig