O.T.American programmers at Indian Wages ?

Author: Craig White
Subject: O.T.American programmers at Indian Wages ?
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 12:13, Lee Einer wrote:
> Ed Skinner wrote:
>
> >     One more comment (and continuing the OT shift that is happening).
> >     From the perspective of preventing future wars, lowering trade barriers
> >creates an inter-dependence and neither party can afford to go to war with
> >the other. As much as I dislike the "off-shore shift" and how it affects me
> >and my family personally, I'm convinced it has to happen. I'm not advocating
> >a complete and uncontrolled opening of the flood gates to trade and
> >immigration, but I do think we need "controlled leaks" so that, ultimately,
> >things can be equalized.

> Hm. By that logic, since the world is far more globalized than it was a
> decade ago, we should have far less unrest and armed conflict now than
> we did a decade ago.
>
> Oddly enough, the world doesn't seem like a more peaceful place today.

----
surely you learned early in school that one bad apple can have a whole
lot of impact - thus your nexus that the global economy should solve
world unrest/conflict doesn't connect. The whole premise of terrorism is
that very small numbers of people can have a lot of impact, cause a lot
of worry.

But this is really off topic

Craig