SpamAssassin and cox.net email

Author: Sanjay Darisi
Subject: SpamAssassin and cox.net email
--------------040005050508060101030208

If spamassassin maintains a personal database (training info), you need
to try re-training it. I don't think there is something that COX can do
about it. Have you tried re-training it? I don't know how spamassassin
works though.

Sanjay.

Alan Dayley wrote:

>I am training spamassassin and for right now, just let it tag spam but sill
>pass it on to my client. Several times now I have had email from cox.net
>tagged as spam. One was identified from the sender as sent via the web mail
>interface. I can train, of course, but when I tell postfix to shovel the
>spam away, I may start missing cox.net email that I don't want to miss.
>
>Does Cox know or care that their email gets these tags (from a list email just
>minutes ago):
>
>SPAM: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
>SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
>SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
>SPAM:
>SPAM: Score: 5.00
>SPAM: Threshold: 5
>SPAM:
>SPAM: INVALID_DATE       (1.5 points)  Invalid Date: header (not RFC 2822)
>SPAM: NO_REAL_NAME       (1.3 points)  From: does not include a real name
>SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_00_01  (0.8 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 00 to 01
>(low)
>SPAM:                    [score: 0]
>SPAM: SUPERLONG_LINE     (0.0 points)  BODY: Contains a line >=199 characters
>long
>SPAM: KNOWN_MAILING_LIST (-0.1 points) Email came from some known mailing list
>software
>SPAM: FORGED_RCVD_TRAIL  (2.0 points)  trail of Received: headers seems to be
>forged
>SPAM: AWL                (-0.5 points) AWL: Auto-whitelist adjustment
>SPAM:

>Kind of funny, I guess. I'd complain if I were a Cox customer.
>
>Alan

--------------040005050508060101030208

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
If spamassassin maintains a personal database (training info), you need
to try re-training it. I don't think there is something that COX can do
about it. Have you tried re-training it? I don't know how spamassassin
works though.<br>
Sanjay.<br>
Alan Dayley wrote:<br>
cite="">
<pre wrap="">I am training spamassassin and for right now, just let it tag spam but sill

SPAM: See <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://spamassassin.org/tag/">http://spamassassin.org/tag/</a> for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Score: 5.00
SPAM: Threshold: 5
SPAM:
SPAM: INVALID_DATE       (1.5 points)  Invalid Date: header (not RFC 2822)
SPAM: NO_REAL_NAME       (1.3 points)  From: does not include a real name
SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_00_01  (0.8 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 00 to 01
(low)
SPAM:                    [score: 0]
SPAM: SUPERLONG_LINE     (0.0 points)  BODY: Contains a line &gt;=199 characters