copy to floppy

Author: ec
Subject: copy to floppy
I just highlight the text, edit/copy, then open
kwrite, paste and then save as till I get /mnt/floppy
open...works for me. An alternate maybe more work, but
works for me. Once kwrite has path set to floppy, I
just delete text and paste over/save as, and bingo for
multi items.

--- Michael Havens <> wrote:

> Thanks for your help buddy. Now I know about mcopy
> --
> <:-)~MIKE~(-:>
>
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 09:34 pm, Tom Jones
> said:
> ~ On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Michael Havens wrote:
> ~
> ~ >
> ~ > Something weird is happening. I am trying to
> copy some email to a floppy
>  disk ~ > but it won't. Here is what happens:
> ~ >
> ~ >     knoppix@bmike1:~$ cd
> '/home/knoppix/Mail/Maryna/cur'
> ~ >     knoppix@bmike1:~/Mail/Maryna/cur$ cp *
> /mnt/floppy
> ~ >     knoppix@bmike1:~/Mail/Maryna/cur$
> ~ >
> ~ > Looks good from your point of view, right? but
> the floppy was not
>  accessed at ~ > all. Upon further investegation I
> have discovered  that
>  there is a file ~ > /mnt/floppy on my harddrive and
> within this file resides
>  all the messages I ~ > wanted to go to the floppy.
> ~ >
> ~ >     knoppix@bmike1:/mnt/floppy$ ls
> ~ >     1070092437.701.lqJF:2,RS
> 1070594725.594.vabU:2,S etc.....
> ~ >     knoppix@bmike1:/mnt/floppy$
> ~ >
> ~
> ~ Doesn't look like the floppy was a mounted
> filesystem.
> ~
> ~ # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
> ~
> ~ Do stuff
> ~
> ~ # umount /mnt/floppy
> ~
> ~ Alternatively, if it's installed you could have
> tried mcopy. No mounting
> ~ necessary.
> ~
> ~ # mcopy some_file a:/
> ~
> ~ > I would have liked to do this via the floppy
> icon on the desktop but when
>  I ~ > tried it the response I got was:
> ~ >
> ~ >     Could not write to /mnt/floppy/<file>
> ~ >
> ~ > Any ideas as to what I should do?
> ~ > Something that may help in figuring out what to
> do is that after a
>  koffice ~ > application is loaded if I clik the
> floppy icon it accesses the
>  disk ~ > properly.
> ~ >
> ~ Sorry, can't speak to what koffice is doing
> internally.
> ~
> ~ TJ
> ~
> ~
> settings:
> ~

> ~
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI
> Internet
> Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is
> believed to be free of spam or viruses.
> [...]

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,