s I see you picked up there lingo!udo

Author: Chris Gehlker
Subject: s I see you picked up there lingo!udo
On Dec 6, 2003, at 11:09 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> You don't have to use "vi" with visudo.
>
> You can set EDITOR or VISUAL environment variables to point to the
> editor
> you want to use. visudo will honor that.

It depends:
"However, if visudo is configured with the --with-enveditor flag or the
enveditor Default variable is set in sudoers, visudo will use any the
editor defines by EDITOR or VISUAL. Note that this can be a security
hole since it allows the user to execute any program they wish simply
by setting EDITOR or VISUAL."

I keep EDITOR set to "emacs" and I've seen different behaviors from
visudo on different systems.

Note: the above quote is from a BSD man page. I'm not at my Linux
computer at the moment.