Packaging kernels the debian way

Author: Liberty Young
Subject: Packaging kernels the debian way
I've found myself needing to make kernel packages for my work. I've read
through the "creating custom kernels the debian way", but it assumes the
package is for your own box. I found a short explanation of
/etc/kernel-pkg.conf and ~/.kernel-pkg.conf.

What i haven't found is ways to override the the package desription. I
would like to fill in the packages control and changelog with my own
data, and not the default data for the kernel packages found in
/usr/share/kernel-package/ ...I'm also unfamiliar with the format of
these files...

Does anybody have any experience in doing this, or can point me to some
docs?