Header problem on old RH version

Author: Chris Gehlker
Subject: Header problem on old RH version
--Apple-Mail-3--179121783

I'm trying to build a ethernet driver for Red Hat 7.0 because a client
has a program that refuses to run on anything newer and a machine that
has a via-rhine II onboard ethernet interface, which apparently
postdates RH 7.0.

I found a netdrivers-rh70.i386.rpm on SCYLD's site but apparently the
driver here works as part of a two part set with a device scan layer,
PCI Scan.

I'm trying to follow the instructions from SCYLD's site to build
pci-scan.o but pci-scan includes modversions.h. The only copy of
modversions.h that I find is in /usr/include/linux and it only says:
#error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
#error but headers from an appropriate kernel-source

I have untarred the kernel source tar in /usr/source/redhat/SOURCES but
no joy.

Does anybody have a clue where I can get a good modversions.h
--Apple-Mail-3--179121783

I'm trying to build a ethernet driver for Red Hat 7.0 because a client
has a program that refuses to run on anything newer and a machine that
has a via-rhine II onboard ethernet interface, which apparently
postdates RH 7.0.

I found a
SCYLD's site but apparently the driver here works as part of a two
part set with a device scan layer, PCI Scan.

I'm trying to follow the instructions from SCYLD's site to build
pci-scan.o but pci-scan includes modversions.h. The only copy of
modversions.h that I find is in /usr/include/linux and it only says:

should never use kernel-headers system headers,</color>

appropriate kernel-source</color>

I have untarred the kernel source tar in /usr/source/redhat/SOURCES
but no joy.

Does anybody have a clue where I can get a good modversions.h</fixed>
--Apple-Mail-3--179121783--