determining disk hog

Author: JD Austin
New-Topics: mysql.log
Subject: determining disk hog
> I have a 23 gig partition and I am not sure what is consuming the disk I
have about 3 gigs free. I know that there is about 10 gigs of data that
I know of otherwise I am not sure what is consuming it.

> What is the best way to get a top down look to see what is chewing up

all of the disk space.

> Are there any system files like logfiles etc that can be deleted that

can get very big?

> I have squid on this box and I have configured squid.conf so that I do

not use a store.log which was a very large file; I have deleted that
file.

> How can I tell how much space is take up by the one database I have

which is specific to squid logs; it is a mysql database.