need a little COX inside info--rdesktop or vnc? <--humor to…

Author: Alexander Henry
Subject: need a little COX inside info--rdesktop or vnc? <--humor too
Liberty Young wrote:

>>> Try here for some pointers:
>>> <http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.html#XMicrosoft>. Like Austin, I
>>> don't know why you want to do this. What do you gain by impressing a
>>> little green girl who reads scripts?
>>

>I am SO into having other people give random others VNC access to their
>machines. <mischievous grin>
>
>also, how would that work? if you're calling them (cox internet tech
>support), it's probably because your network is down. how can rdesktop
>or vnc possible work to others outside your intranet?

Exactly. Fun! Impress isn't the right word. Flabbergast. She was
already choked up from some of the things I said that were for her from
outer space, like "DHCP" or "no I don't have a My Computer icon". This
would have nailed the coffin.

Remember I said I managed to miss an unconnected ethernet cable twice,
then got it running. So my network was suddenly up.

There is a slightly more serious reason, though. The girl, multiple
times, just plain didn't listen to what I was saying. So I guess
there's a bit of a lesson for her and revenge from me for not listening.
Also, I agree with Victor, Cox phone techies are usually fairly smart
(but mushroomed). It was really surprising for me to get a person like
this this time; another reason I'd wanted her to look at my desktop and
"check for herself if everything's okay".

Like I said, I was in the mood 8-D

--Alexander